Friday, January 25, 2008

Huckabee Gets It

It seems that very few folks understand the drawbacks of the "Economic Stimulus Package". Mike Huckabee understands, and said this during the GOP debate last night:

"We'll probably end up borrowing this 150 Billion dollars from the Chinese. And when we get those rebate checks, most people are gonna go out and buy stuff that's been imported from China. I have to wonder who's economy is going to be stimulated the most by the [economic stimulus]package."

Is anyone else going to have the stones to say that?

4 comments:

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Well, if they have to get it from the Chinese, it's because they squandered the money they took from us to begin with.

And Huck says instead we need a new WPA.

It seems that many of the GOP (Huck and McCain both) have forgotten whose money it is that runs the government. It's not the government's money.

I wish someone would have REAL stones and cut spending. Not cut the growth rate, but the actual spending.

I have a feeling I'll be holding my nose come election day.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I'm with Christine on this one!

ptg said...

Amen, christine. BTW, isn't it better to owe a debt to Red China than to depend on them to repay a debt to us?

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh...I see you are busy with 4 wee ones and work and school...but what is on your mind these days, St. Jimbob?