Friday, December 16, 2005

Podcasts and other Blogs I dig

I frequent any number of news and opinion sources almost daily, here's the list:

Catholic World News ( www.cwnews.com )- Definitely FOR for Commonweal or NCR fans, as an antidote to the poisonous slurry of sentiment and apathy toward the Magisterium found in those publications.

Titus 1:9 ( titusonenine.classicalanglican.net )- Ringside seats for the coming crash in the Episcopal Church USA, and it's impending affects on the entire Anglican Communion. Good luck, boys. "Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death Rode the six hundred."

Amy Welborn ( amywelborn.typepad.com/openbook/ )and Curt Jester (www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/ )with lively blogs as well.

The Catholic Insider ( www.catholicinsider.com ) is a podcast by a priest in the Netherlands, and is entertaining in both content and how Fr. Roderick's enthusiasm is like a child's with his first tape recorder. Great podcasts from Rome during JPII's final days and BXVI's election. Habeus Papem, and he's a doozy!

I've only listened to one podcast from Doxapod, but I like what I've heard so far. Sometimes it's tiresome to hear people gush about certain spiritual aspects, but one cannot gush enough (without being sappy) about the Eucharist.

EWTN's podcasts ( www.ewtn.com/podcast/index.asp ) are taking off, though I've only gotten my toes wet by taking Fr. Benedict Groeschel's Sunday night call-in show. I like his voice, I am challenged by what he says, and so it seems to be a good thing to tune in. I first saw Fr. Benedict, by accident, on cable TV after the abuse scandals broke wide in Boston, and he struck me as lucid and firmly rooted in the Truth.

3 comments:

Brooks said...

Out of curiosity, what does this mean:

"Ringside seats for the coming crash in the Evangelical Church USA"

thanks from a peruser

Brother James said...

T19 is an Anglican blog relating news of all things Anglican, but much of the news lately is of the aftershocks of the ECUSA's and CofE's doctrinal shifts concerning homosexuality. Parishes have started declaring their departure from the ECUSA for doctrinal reasons, much to the vexation of their bishops. There is much to suggest that the consecration of Gene Robinson as bishop was the breaking point for many orthodox in the ECUSA and wider Anglican Communion.

The whole thing is a sad story, like watching a bad marriage disentegrate in slow motion. I'm hoping that those faithful to Christ willcontinue to fight for the truth, regardless of where the pieces fall.

BTW, how did you find this blog? I just started it yesterday.

Brother James said...

My bad, I typed Evangelical and not Episcopal in the original post. I'll need to drink that cup of coffee before I post in the morning.