Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Prodigal

 Wow, where DOES the time go? If I were to write my memoir, I'd have to title it 'Of All the Stupid Things..', because, well, of all the stupid things I find myself doing.

 Let's see, in the last six years, what did I do.. I quit blogging because I felt it was difficult to examine the political and cultural tempo of the times without exuding contempt.

 So, I decided to just focus on venial matters. I was moderator of a cigar-themed Internet forum, until it was essential killed by Facebook. Moving on, I did a cigar blog for a couple years, sold it for a little cash, then started playing a Dungeons & Dragons themed MMO game. When the game, itself, lost some magnetism, I joined a guild, and quickly ended up a guild leader.

 If I've learned anything from the last couple years, it's this; coupling something stupid with a sense of responsibility, an obligation to keep the stupidity rolling, will hook me every time. That will end up a chapter in the memoir for sure, titled something like 'Ruthless Tamagotchi'.

 I've also been working full+ time, moonlighting in creative arts here and there, and doing my best to stay as close to sane as possible (but without ACTUALLY being sane). I put on a good show, but often, I just feel like screaming. Don't want to set a bad example for the kids, so I just keep the screams inside.

 Anywho, I'm going to start writing again. Just for me. Since everyone that might have followed this blog years ago has likely grown up and moved on, it'll be more for the purposes of talking to myself. Maybe it will somehow tamp down the urges to scream.

No comments: