Monday, June 25, 2007

Obama on the Achille Lauro

From USA Today, Barak Obama decries the polarization of the faith debate:

"Somehow, somewhere along the way, faith stopped being used to bring us together and faith started being used to drive us apart... Faith got hijacked, partly because of the so-called leaders of the Christian Right, all too eager to exploit what divides us."

I shant chide him for his selective ignorance of Scripture, it's to be expected. Here's our Lord speaking about the unity that He will bring:

Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And as a man's enemies shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:34-48

Obama belongs to both a church and a political party that are selective in discriminating good from evil, unless a poll be taken first. The firm discernment of the Faith proposed by the Catholic Church, and select splinters, is anathema to the Left:

"At every opportunity, they've told evangelical Christians that Democrats disrespect their values and dislike their church, while suggesting to the rest of the country that religious Americans care only about issues like abortion and gay marriage, school prayer and intelligent design,"

Let me turn this one around a bit:

" At every opportunity, party leaders told Democrats that evangelical Christians are drooling troglodytes that only care about issues that oppress women, bash gays, force theocracy on schools, and insist that some 'god' created the universe."

Barak, if you want to find out why evangelical christians and pro-life catholics don't support liberal Democrats, why don't you ask the Democratic Party chairman, Howard Dean.

1 comment:

The Unseen One said...

Looking to divide us?
Oh look, the black is calling the kettle pot.