Tuesday, February 28, 2006

indutus est sacco

Ok, Ash Wednesday is here, time to kick off Lent. I have a couple penances for myself, one of which will be fairly obvious to you, dear reader. I'm going 'Net free for Lent, aside from whatever work may demand. No impulsive blogging, no cruising eBay, no self-inflicted outrages, et cetera, et cetera. Giving up chocolate is for sissies.
Our parish is hosting a series of lectures called "Vatican II and You", and being the Diocese of Lincoln, Nebraska, I'm sure that the program won't be listing too far to the left. I will, on Sundays, present my notes of these sessions in these pages for your reflection and comparison.
Good luck with your own penances.

1 comment:

The Unseen One said...

Have a good lent, St. Jimbob. Look forward to your return to the blogging world.

May God bless you for your sacrifice.