Peace I leave with you: my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled: nor let it be afraid.
So, where is this "peace" that Jesus speaks of? It's not obvious on CNN. Here are some headlines:
- U.S. soldier killed in attack on convoy in Pakistan
- Terror group says it took U.S. soldiers
- Iran warns U.S. over strike threat
- NATO: Taliban leader dead
- Russian cafe blast turns deadly
- Gunmen snatch oil worker en route to work
- Old man beaten as people watch, tape show
- 'Paris should go to jail,' family friend says
The peace is internal. The peace is that my heart is not troubled by the above headlines. And though I may sympathize with the victims of tragedy, my trust in God is not shaken by the presence of Evil in the world. Though many are consumed by hatred, I do not doubt the Love of God. Despite the disasters, I have hope that Christ will prevail. It is a peace that only Christ can bring. The world can only offer an occasional cease-fire.