Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jiggety Jig

It's two and one half driving days from northeast Philly to Lincoln, Nebraska. We only managed an average of 50 miles driving/hour for all the potty breaks the kids needed. But we're home.

As you may have seen, we took the kids to their first dip in the Atlantic Ocean. Most importantly, we managed to spend lots of time with family. It had been two years since I had seen my five brothers and three sisters, all younger than I, along with some budding families. I missed them all terribly before, and even now, I can't wait for a pleasant opportunity to see them again. The children they were, when I left home, are now mostly adults, parents, and students.

I caught up a bit with my brother-in-law, who's finishing his Masters, in theology, at Duquesne and starting a doctorate at Catholic University this fall. We had some spirited discussions while at home, both in agreement and disagreement, and so you may hear him pipe up in these pages in the future.

I played some golf with Dad and my next younger brother, played many rounds of cards with brothers and sisters, and an impromptu game of moonball as people were trying to pack their families away to hit the road. The siblings with kids took their families, all together, to Sesame Place, a Sesame Street theme park, where the kids all had a great time. Over all, we had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

Great!!

Families need that.

Welcome back home...

And your trip/time is about consistent with ours; last trip we took was to Washington State. I programmed 600 miles/day and planned on driving 12 hours/day, and it worked out to the "T".

Yes, potty-breaks.