Monday, September 17, 2007

Quebexican food

In explaining the pronunciation of the end of my last name, my train of thought jumped the rails and landed in a twisted heap that you're about to see:


Taceau - Cretons avec laitue déchiquetée, tomates découpées, et le fromage Lechevalier Mailloux dans un pain frais. [Translated: Potted Pork meat with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a Quebec cheese served in a loaf of fresh bread]

Nacheau - Pied-de-Vent fondu avec retailles d'hostie. [Translated: Melted Pied-de-Vent cheese with unconsecrated communion wafer cuttings]

Buerre-iteau - Pain frais, bourré du beurre, porc haché, noix de muscade, clous de girofle et pommes de terre. [Translated: fresh bread, stuffed with butter, ground pork, nutmeg, cloves and potatoes]

2 comments:

Tiber Jumper said...

in response to where in PA?
sellersville is the gig, about 20 minutes n. of the city near perkasie, quakertown. I live near Allentown, a little town called Emmaus, providentially enuff!
Where are the folks from?

St. Jimbob of the Apokalypse said...

My folks, along with my youngest two siblings, live twixt Newtown and New Hope. I graduated from Council Rock HS, and roadtrip to Newtown every other year with my family. Hows that for small planet?