Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred bows out

A Statement from Fred Thompson

Posted: Tue. 22 Jan 2008

Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people.

posted by Fred

Well, what else is there to say? I sure as heck am not voting for Rudy, I'm not on fire about Mitt, I don't mind Mike, and I think Ron Paul may be certifiable. Jeeeez. Gimme someone I can vote for without retching in the voting booth.

3 comments:

Sir Galen of Bristol said...

You've read what I've written. Look into Ron Paul.

Brother James said...

I'll have to look harder at him...but my sense to date has been that he's a raving loonie. But maybe that's just my Iraq pullout reaction. Beats Pat Buchanan, I guess..

VSO said...

Ron Paul is the only one I can vote for with a clear conscience. I'd be voting FOR him rather than AGAINST the other guy.