Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Syllogism #70411

If

Al Sharpton is a Christian preacher

And

"Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." (Matt 18:21)

Then

"Don Imus has apologized, and therefore, as a Christian and follower of Jesus, I am bound to forgive him and bear him no ill will." - Al Sharpton

Actually, Rev Al said no such thing. Nothing even close. Here are Sharpton's actual statements:

"I accept his apology, just as I want his bosses to accept his resignation," - Al Sharpton

"I think to say that his statements were racist, as they've said, then that means they should not allow him to come back." - Al Sharpton

Just in case, Al, you don't have a Bible handy, here's a gem for you:

"Then summoning him, his lord said to him, 'You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.

'Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?'

"And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him.

"My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart." (Matt 18:31-34)


BTW, was the Hebrew word for 'Accuser' rendered as 'Satan'?

2 comments:

DominiSumus said...

That is great. I'm off to my logic class in a few minutes. Really!

The Unseen One said...

Excellent post, St. Jimbob!